2-way satellite communicator with robust navigation
Satellite Communicator with Maps and Navigation Sensors
2-Way Messaging | SOS | Tracking | Weather Forecasts
GPS with Robust Navigation | Preloaded TOPO Maps | Navigation Sensors
inReach Explorer+ is the satellite communicator that uses 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for 2-way messaging anywhere in the world. Plus, full-fledged GPS navigation with preloaded TOPO maps1 let you navigate with confidence, while built-in navigational sensors help you find and maintain accurate bearings. With inReach Explorer+ you can roam farther and experience more – on or off the beaten path.
- Send and receive text messages to SMS and email addresses, post to social media or communicate inReach-to-inReach
- Trigger an interactive SOS and communicate with the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Plan trips, manage your device and store tracking data using the Explore® web app
- Follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back with a breadcrumb trackback trail with full-fledged GPS navigation including on-map guidance directly on the device
- Built in high-sensitivity GPS provides location and tracking data within 5 meters
- Built-in navigation sensors help you get and maintain accurate bearings including heading, elevation and speed
- Get weather forecasts for any location
- Track and share your location with others using Mapshare®
- Pair with mobile devices2 using the free Earthmate® app to access even more downloadable maps1, U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more
inReach devices are also rugged, impact resistant and water-rated to IPX73 with a long battery life to keep you up and running no matter what the elements throw at you.
Operating on Iridium, the world’s most reliable satellite network with 100% global coverage, your inReach works everywhere – you’re never out of reach.
1 Preloaded DeLorme TOPO maps are not compatible with other Garmin devices. Other Garmin maps not compatible with this device.
2 See Garmin.com/inreachfaq for compatibility.
3 See Garmin.com/waterrating
A 2-way connection and GPS offers real peace of mind
*Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world; SMS availability may vary by country.
The Complete inReach Experience
“The tracking ability of the inReach Explorer was excellent, and it even now has the ability to import .GPX files so that you can follow pre-planned routes and know exactly how far away you are from the next waypoint.”
- Dimensions: 6.8 x 16.4 x 3.8 cm (2.7″ x 6.5” x 1.5″)
- Display size: 3.5 x 4.7 cm (1.37″ x 1.85″), 5.9 cm (2.3″) diagonal
- Display resolution: 200 x 265 pixels
- Display type: Transflective color TFT
- Operating temperature range: – 20 C to 60 C (-4 F to 145 F)
- Weight: 213 g (7.5 oz)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable internal Lithium Ion
- Battery life: Up to 100 hours with 10-minute tracking; 30 days in power save mode; and 1 year in standby mode
- Wireless: Bluetooth®
- Water rating: IPX7*
- Interface: USB
- Built-in memory: 2 GB
- Waypoints: 500
- Routes: 20
- Supports multiple languages including English and French
* See Garmin.com/waterrating
The added GPS functionality means one less device to carry, one less device to keep charged and it worked extremely well for navigating as well as communicating.
– Kevin Beasley, 1/3 of the Beasley Brothers