Essential gear for the backcountry
2-Way Messaging | SOS | Tracking | GPS | Weather Forecasts
DeLorme inReach SE is an essential two-way messaging device that works in the backcountry, or anywhere cell phones don’t. Whether by land, sea or air, you’ll have a reliable connection to friends – or help – when and where you need it. Use inReach SE to send and receive messages, trigger an SOS, get weather forecasts or share your journey with others.
Like all inReach devices, you can use inReach SE on its own or pair it with your smartphone, and it’s rugged, waterproof and ready for anything you are!
Operating on Iridium, the world’s most reliable satellite network with 100% global coverage, you can go anywhere with confidence that you’ll never be lost or out of reach.
A global two-way connection
offers true peace of mind:
*Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world; SMS availability may vary by country.
“The SOS emergency feature is what initiated the purchase, but the ease of communicating back home at a fraction of the cost of a satellite phone has kept me a loyal client.”
– Canada Fishing Guide
The Complete inReach Experience
- Dimensions: H 114 mm (148 mm including antenna); W 63 mm; D 26 mm (34 mm including belt clip)
- Weight: 190 g (with internal lithium polymer battery)
- Water rating: IP67 (tested for submersion at 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Rugged, dustproof and impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock; IP67 for dust)
- GPS accuracy +/- 5 meters
- Virtual keyboard with predictive text for two-way messaging
- LED and audible ‘chirp’ alerts for: new message received, power on/off, and more
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 60°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Battery charging temperature: 0°C to 45°C
- Internal lithium polymer battery (2,450 mAh capacity at 3.7 V)
- Battery life: 100 hours (sending one track point every 10 minutes with a clear view to the sky)
- Recharge via a standard standard micro-USB cable with a wall, car or solar charger, or a powered RAM mount
- Note: For optimal battery life devices should be stored between 0°C to 30°C at a charge level of 40-60%
- Made for iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad air, iPad mini with retina display, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th, and 5th generation). Android 2.2 or later.
I am absolutely stoked on this 2-way satellite communicator WITH GPS!! It’s small, affordable and 100% reliable. I would recommend this safety device to anyone travelling in the back country.
– Julie-Ann Chapman, She Shreds Mountain Adventures